Sign-up Below for a Time that Works for you!
PTA HOW DO WE MAKE MONEY?
The PTA Thrift Shop has paid staff, but they could not operate and do all that they do without the help of the many volunteers. Parents,Students and/or family members volunteer at the thrift shop (sorting, cleaning, hanging items, etc.) and hours are recorded for the school and teacher they represent. At the end of June all participating Chatham County Schools get a share of the three Chatham PTA Thrift Shop's Profits, based on the number of volunteer hours each school worked at the Thrift Shop. More volunteer hours = more money for our school.
- 2014-2015 NCE had 380 Total Volunteer hours earning us $15,500.
- 2015-2016 NCE had 1932 Total Volunteer hours earning us $24,734.
- 2016-2017 NCE had 2250 Total Volunteer hours earning us $26,847.70.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO EARN HOURS?
- Attend a NCES Thrift Shop volunteer session. There are many scheduled every month.(even in the summertime, Double hours earned June-August). Volunteering is great way to meet NCE teachers and parents and it’s really a lot of fun, especially if you bring along a friend or 2 (or 3!). Once there you will straighten clothes on racks, sort items, hang clothes, or wipe down counters. Click here to find and sign up for a session that works for you! You do not have to sign up, but only 14 volunteers are allowed per session.
- Empty the NCE Drop Box. The key for the Drop Box is in the NCE office. Then transport the donations to the Thrift Shop during business hours and sort (an employee will be happy to help you sort properly if it's your first time!). The Drop Box is located in back of NCE by the buses. This earns NCE double time and includes travel time!
- Volunteer independently during store hours. Call the store first to verify there is space available (919-969-9457). The Thrift Shop LOVES volunteers! In addition, when you volunteer you can purchase items at 50% off the day you volunteer this includes the volunteer sessions as well.
- DONATE! Items donated to the North Chatham drop box allows us to earn more money! Donating directly to the store is great, but donating to our box is even better! Too much stuff? Need someone to pick-up furniture? or a lot of items? Schedule a pick-up!
PTA Thrift Shop Volunteer Sessions are typically scheduled in the evening on weekdays and mornings or afternoons on Sundays.
The PTA Thrift Shop is located at 11500 Us 15 501 Hwy N, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. (919) 969-9457
Still have questions? Want to become a shift supervisor?
Contact our PTA North Chatham Thrift Store Representative
Click any link to Volunteer. "Cancel" will appear next to your name.
For issues, questions or comments, please email the Site Administrator.
You must log-in to cancel a volunteer slot.